Email: Christine V. Hamiel
Phone: 262-241-7788 Ext: 102Admitted to Practice (State):
• Wisconsin, 2011
• Georgia, 2007Admitted to Practice (Federal):
• United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
• United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 2008
• United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 2010
• United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2009
• American Bar Association
• Defense Research Institute
• State Bar of Wisconsin
• State Bar of Georgia
• University of Northern Iowa, B.A., summa cum laude, 2004
• University of South Dakota School of Law, J.D., 2007
• “How to Use Non-Compete Agreements in Your Business,” North Georgia Law Line, October 26, 2010.
• “Public Entities and Public Officials’ Liability under 42 U.S.C. §§ 181 and 1985,” Phillip E. Friduss & Christine K. Van Berkum, DRI Civil Rights & Government Tort Liability Seminar, January 2009.
• “The Troopergate Report: The Lawyer’s View,” Landrum & Friduss Government Newsletter, October 30, 2008.
• “Circumstances in Which Your Incorporated Business Fails to Protect Personal Assets,” North Georgia Law Line, July 14, 2008.
Chrissy, an Iowa native, joined Phillips Borowski in 2011 after spending the previous four years in private practice at a firm in Atlanta, Georgia. While in Georgia, Chrissy’s practice included a wide variety of litigation, with a focus on governmental liability defense, civil rights, employment law, correctional health care, complex litigation, as well as appellate review.
Chrissy represented a variety of counties and municipalities and a few school districts in litigation matters. Chrissy has experience in defending counties and cities in employment matters before state and federal courts. Chrissy’s practice focuses on public sector labor and employment law, including Title VII matters involving allegations of discrimination, as well as Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) matters.
Outside the practice of law, Chrissy enjoys running, traveling, scrapbooking, and spending time with her nephew.