Email: Patrick C. Henneger
Phone: 262-241-7788 Ext: 107
Admitted to Practice (State):
Admitted to Practice (Federal):
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
• United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
• United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
• State Bar of Wisconsin
• University of Wisconsin—Madison, B.A, 1999
• Marquette University Law School, J.D, 2002
• Wisconsin State Supreme Court Case Could Limit Options in Addressing Emergency Situations Involving Individuals with
Alzheimer’s Wisconsin Counties Magazine December 2011
• Expanding the Definition of “Disability” Under the ADA Wisconsin Counties Magazine May 2010
• Counties in Crisis: Addressing Budget Shortfalls through Layoffs or Reducing Hours of Represented Employees Wisconsin Counties Magazine August 2009
Patrick works with the Wisconsin Counties Association and other local government clients. Patrick is a frequent speaker at WCA education seminars presenting on issues ranging from public records law to health care reform. In addition to serving as counsel, Patrick serves as labor attorney for several local governments and advises the firm’s business clients on employment and litigation matters.
Prior to joining Phillips Borowski, Patrick worked for several years in the Wisconsin State Legislature. As a chief of staff in the state senate, he served as a policy advisor, political strategist and media coordinator. He researched and developed over 100 bills and amendments and successfully coordinated the passage of several well-known bills through the legislature. In addition to developing legislation, Patrick served as a committee clerk to a senate labor and elections committee, advising legislators on bills and administrative rules before the committee. All told, Patrick’s legal experience spans from the law’s creation to appellate review.